Greasemonkey, one of the most important add-on’s for Firefox but it is currently not supported in 4.0+ versions. For those who don’t want to wait for a working add-on of greasemonkey, here’s – Scriptish.
Scriptish is a fork of Greasemonkey, it can do everything Greasemonkey does (but it’s only for Firefox 4+) and a few more features that even GM doesn’t have.
Complete list of features:
- User scripts are upgradable.
- User scripts can have icons!
- Recognizes Google Chrome’s @match pattern
- @author – displayed to users in the addon manager
- @contributor – displayed to users in the addon manager
- @homepage or @homepageURL – displayed to users in the addon manager
- @icon or @iconURL – Include a icon for your user script which is displayed in the addon manager and for notifications from the script.
- @screenshot – displayed to users in the addon manager.
- @match – a include pattern introduced by Google Chrome user scripts.
- @noframes – a simple way to prevent a user script from running in iframes.
- GM_worker – use a Worker within user scripts.
- GM_setClipboard – save data to the clipboard from a user script.
- GM_notification – send a Growl style notification to the user (screenshot below).
I’ve been using Scriptish and Most of the GM scripts work with it. Actually I haven’t found any incompatible scripts on though I’m sure they exist.
Download Scriptish Add-on [Requires Firefox 4+]
If you love using Greasemonkey/Scriptish then you would also love –
- 10 Greasemonkey Scripts to Enhance your Reddit Experience
- 11 Greasemonkey Scripts to Make Twitter Better & Faster