Google Chrome has recently launched their dedicated store for applications and it has been quickly filled with lots of apps, Some being simple bookmarks for the original sites and others having an ability to do most of the work straight from your browser, using Flash or our favorite, HTML5.
Here is my list of Best 11 apps which you can try them both on Chrome Browser and Chrome OS:
Well who doesn’t know about TweetDeck – It is your personal browser connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare and Google Buzz, bringing all those features you see in its Desktop app in its web app:
- Your Home column brings the conversation to you in one combined column with your friends’ updates from across all your connected accounts.
- Never miss a thing with your mentions column capturing @replies to you or Facebook notifications.
- Your Inbox column is your social inbox, showing your Twitter Direct Messages.
- Upload photos with a single click with geo-tag function.
- URLs auto-shorten using j.mp
- Real-time streaming ensures you experience Twitter at full speed!
- Explore Twitter profiles with an in-depth profile view
Another Social Media Dashboard, as powerful as TweetDeck, HootSuite brings all your Twitter, Facebook updates & more networks, plus monitor real-time search and track results in the app. Features:
- Multiple Social Networks for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, foursquare etc
- Scheduling & Drafts – Pre-schedule updates and automatic drafts saving of message.
- URL Shortener using Ow.ly and Ht.ly
- RSS/Atom Feeds – Auto-update your social profiles from your blog or news feeds
- Statistic Reports – Track click-throughs using built-in URL shortener plus export analytics reports.
- Geo-search – Search locally to build business and/or find the conversations in your area
- Mobile Platforms – Access your HootSuite account and data from multiple mobile tools including Android
3. Advanced Image Editor by Aviary
An incredibly useful and fun web-based image editor that can be utilized by anyone looking to retouch and manipulate a photo. From basic image editing to manipulating complex effects, Aviary’s Advanced Image Editor delivers essential key features such as:
- Over 30 rich editing tools
- Powerful layers
- Import from popular photo-sharing sites
- Large database of image effects
- Resource browser
- Blend Mode
4. Box.net (with free 5 GB Storage)
Box.net offers some great features and compatibility options (the latest Microsoft Office files, image and mp3 files, flash video, Photoshop and Illustrator and more). Features include:
- Files are accessible anywhere from your Desktop and even an app for Android iPad, iPhone, Blackberry is also available.
- Share any file with just a link.
- Collaborate with your team and colleagues on a whole folder of files.
- HTML5 drag-and-drop technology lets you seamlessly move files back and forth between your desktop and Box account.
The NYTimes app for the Chrome Web Store is a sophisticated HTML5 application that leverages advanced browser features to deliver a unique and compelling reading experience that can be read online or offline.
- All major sections including top stories, business, technology, Opinion, science, travel, fashion & style, most e-mailed and more.
- Beautiful Design with Clean style Text and Large, beautiful photos.
- Fast and easy keyboard shortcuts and navigation
- Customizable views that allow you to change the look and feel
- Offline reading capabilities (text only)
- Breaking news alerts to keep you informed
6. eBuddy Web Messenger
eBuddy, One of the most popular multi-network Web Messengers, is a full-featured multi-network instant messenger. Use it to chat on Yahoo!, AIM, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, MSN and MySpace Chat. Features;
- Instant notifications when a buddy signs-in, sends a message
- Send and receive messages on any IM network.
- Tabbed Chatting: Organize your chats in one window with tabbed chatting.
- Highly Customizable with different colors, layouts and themes.
Flixster, one of the best app for iPhone, Android, and Blackberry, is now available in the Chrome Web Store with features such as keyword navigation, reviews and trailers of movies and much more:
- Use your keyboard to browse opening and top box office movies.
- Get up-to-date showtimes for theaters in your area.
- Watch high quality trailers for over 10,000 blockbuster and indie films
- An “instant” search to quickly navigate to any movie within our database
- Read critic reviews from Rotten Tomatoes & audience reviews from Flixster
- Discover movies ready to take home in our DVD catalog of over 50,000 movies
With Todo.ly app, Create todo lists, and manage them online from anywhere. It helps you to organize your tasks into projects and sub projects with Selection of icons for projects to highlight them even more.
- Managing Tasks and Projects is pretty easy with its drag & drop feature.
- Assign due date to your tasks not to forget them.
- Tasks will pop into your Today list as due dates approach.
- Sort the tasks within the project by Due Date to see what you need to focus on.
9. Read Later Fast
Something similar to Readitlater, Read Later Fast saves web-pages for you that you can read later even when offline in a clean format like a slideshow.
Currently, this is an early-beta version and everything is saved locally but the company has plans to integrate it with Diigo, Dropbox, box.net, Google, Delicious, Evernote, Instapaper, ReaditLater in its future versions.
Springpad is a free application that makes it quick and easy to take notes and save anything you want to remember in one place – from tasks and lists to products, places, movies, recipes and more. Everything you save is automatically synchronized and instantly accessible on the web and your phone.
- Take quick notes and tasks to capture ideas and information
- Save and access your stuff on the Web and from any Android and iOS device
- Use the web clipper and Chrome extension for more ways to save on the Web
- Easily add tags, flags and alerts
- Set reminders for anything you’ve saved
- Share your stuff with friends and family
Fiabee for Chrome is an app that lets you intuitively manage all your files distributed across your many devices, directly from the web. You can specifically select which files you want to synchronize from your devices and store onto the others. App features:
- Access and search your files even when you’re offline in all of your devices
- Send files to your Android with a simple drag&drop in your Chrome Browser.
- Select Files you wish to be synchronized automatically.
- Google Docs integration: view your MS Office files and PDFs directly from the app.
SlideRocket is a rich, innovative platform that lets you create, share and measure your presentations in one beautifully designed office-like application. You can create stunning presentations with it which you can access from anywhere. It also has a HTML5 viewer for iPad and iPhone.
- Easily record audio on your slides enabling on demand presentations.
- Add video from your library or via YouTube.
- Share presentations easily via a link, or embed in a web site or blog.
- Manage a library of presentations, slides and assets across the organization.
- Conduct HD web meetings and share presentations in real time.
This is not a free app. However, you can use it on a trial basis and will have to pay when you reach the trial-limit.
13. Onslaught! Arena
Onslaught! Arena is a fast-paced, arcade-style medieval fantasy shoot ’em up. This is an awesome Retro style game for chrome. Though this is a paid game, costing $4.99, you can try it up-to 10 waves (i.e. levels) including one of the 5 unique bosses.
- Quick gameplay, easy to pop in and start having fun immediately
- Ability to continue from your last saved game
- Compete with other players online via the high score table
I played this game for about 30 minutes and I must admit it was very addictive. I had to force my mind to stop playing this as I had other important things to do too 😉 Thanks to our reader, richtaur who suggested me to add this.
PostPost is like a social Facebook newspaper. Catch all the articles, videos and photos your friends and fan pages post to Facebook. You can organize and view content by photos, links, videos and more. Super sleek design and a great way to catch up on your Facebook newsfeed in less time.
Thanks to Julie for reminding me to add this.
[Thanks to our readers, Gebbclient, Jawad, Julie and Maggie for sending in the suggestions 🙂 ]