As a Mac user, you’ve inevitably faced the problem that there are no good Forex trading platforms for Mac OS X. It’s been a constant frustration, with Windows applications getting all the focus. But it is finally possible to install MT4 on Mac OS X through Admiral Markets, and doing so is simple.
While workarounds in the past have included costly parallel desktops, installing Windows on your Mac, or using Wine and WineBottler, this one is free to install without any additional software.
This is a simple guide as to how to install MT4 on Mac OS X.
Download and install as usual
Mac OS X users know how easy it is to install most programs. MT4 for Mac is no exception.
- download the file: as an emulated app, it is heavier than the Windows app, at around 200MB
- drag and drop: into the Applications folder, as you would any other program
And there you have it. MT4 for Mac OS X is installed and ready to use.
Since the application is not coming from the Apple App Store, you will have to give it permission to open. Follow these steps:
- click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- select System Preferences
- click on Security and Privacy
- choose General
- click on the padlock in the lower left corner of the window and enter the password you use to sign into your computer
- select anywhere under the text: “Allow applications downloaded from:”
Installing EAs, indicators and scripts
MT4 for Mac OS X comes with all the additional tools, including EAs, indicators and scripts. Installing these is also quite simple. Follow these steps:
- open the Applications folder
- right click on AdmiralMarkets MT4
- choose Show Package Contents
- double click on “drive_c”
- place your EAs, indicators and scripts in the usual MetaTrader file structure
Although it is easy to install EAs, they are not guaranteed to be as reliable as on the Windows application. If you plan on using automated trading be careful, as it might not work as intended.
Certain fonts may give you a problem on Mac OS X, and Admiral Markets has provided these fonts for download.
Avoid costly workarounds
Workarounds can be costly, both on your pocket and on your computer’s functioning. You probably own a Mac for its excellent speed and smooth functionality, and you don’t want to compromise this by installing Windows. Now it is easy to install MT4 on Mac OS X, so you can join the rest of the Forex world in using the best platform available.
You can make money online using various methods. Making money online can be fun as well. Try casino cruise! Casino can make you rich! Do give it a try!