Nowadays the majority of the consumers purchase everything online, be it mobiles, other electronics, clothing, accessories, etc. This buying online trend started a few years back and has only seen a spiraling rise in the number of buyers. This is due to the various offers and great prices which prevail throughout the year. However as the festive season is coming up, we can expect more such deals in the online arena. This has been a constant trend since the past couple of years whether it is Amazon’s ‘Great Indian Sale’ or Flipkart’s ‘Big Billion Days‘. We will now present to you some tips where you can be updated and be prepared to save more in the coming festive season.
- Check out Daily Deals from your favorite websites: Most popular shopping websites including Amazon, Flipkart, and Snapdeal has a ‘Deal of the Day’ column where they usually put up a few goods with prices lasting only for that day. This is a great way to keep a tab on what you want to buy as it takes just a few minutes to check out the deals from the website or the app of the e-commerce site. For example, Amazon offers daily deals which last till midnight that day whereas Flipkart offers the same from 12 pm onwards for 24 hours. This way you can be one of the first to grab this deal as the products can be in limited numbers.
- Use Mobile Wallets for cash backs or extra discounts: These days, there is a number of Mobile Wallets in the Indian market. People use these digital wallets in a number of ways as its a safely encrypted option too. So all you have to do is download a few popular mobile wallet apps on your smartphone like Paytm, MobiKwik, PayUMoney and use them for daily online transactions, be it phone recharges, online bill payments or even flight/bus/hotel bookings. Not only will you get better deals, but you can also get cash backs. The best part is sometimes they offer you surprise extra discounts which reduce your cost further. You can do your online shopping on these sites itself or use them as payment portals for different vendors.
- Bank Offers: Many banks tie-up with these e-shopping portals for giving an extra discount while purchasing for a certain minimum value at that site. You should keep a lookout for these bank offers as one day it might be an X bank and on the second day of the sale, it can be a Y bank. For example, SBI used to offer an extra 10% off on certain purchases when you use your debit/credit card and it personally helped me get my phone for an even lesser price.
- Discount Websites: Sometimes it’s hard to keep track of what offers are available on a particular website. The offer might even expire by the time you get to use it. Hence you can use discount aggregating sites such as Coupon Dunia or CouponRaja. These websites collect all the deals available on a particular e-commerce site, and you can choose which is most beneficial to you and get directly ported to that site. Also they have a helpful section where you can see the percentage of success obtained from fellow shoppers while applying a particular coupon. You can keep track of expired coupons also and ask them to send you mail alerts.
- Comparison Websites: Compare the price of the same product from different websites to see which is giving you the best deal. You can do this from sites like MySmartPrice. These comparison websites usually aggregate prices from different sources and give you the cheapest price for a particular product.
- Change your default browser: Either change your default browser or keep deleting temporary data and cookies so that the e-commerce site shows the latest best price. If you are logging in from a different browser, you might have chances where you get to see a different price. This is due to certain reports that online portals can look at your earlier browsing history via cookies and may manipulate data accordingly.
- Don’t be in a hurry: Unless you urgently require a gadget or any other item, don’t be in a hurry to purchase it. Keep an eye out for coupons, bank offers and other mentioned tricks. Also, you never know if something like the Big Billion Sale is just around the corner. So be patient as deals will come in this festive season sooner or later.