How often do you find yourself hitting that “Forgot password?” link while logging into your apps? It’s natural, we humans can’t remember hundreds of unique passwords even though we use them every day.
- You need to install the LastPass extension on your browser or device.
- Sign up for an account on LastPass. Remember this is the only password you’ll ever need, so make it secure and remember it.
- Once you sign up, you can log in, and start saving your passwords into your LasstPass account. They call it “vault.”
Is it safe, though?
Yes, of course, it’s safe. And here’s why.
Extra layer of authentication.
Your password is yours alone. LastPass doesn’t store your master password on its servers so you don’t have to worry about them getting into your account.
It’s not just for one account.
Admit it, you have more than one Gmail account. I have five, and it’s ok with LastPass. You can save all your different log in details in one LastPass account.
It gives you ideas.
For your passwords, I mean. With a built-in password generator, the app suggests random and strong passwords for apps you signup for. And since it remembers them for you, you can go ahead and add all those numbers and special characters in your password.
Clean up old passwords.
It’s important to refresh your passwords every now and then. LastPass will automatically detect old and vulnerable passwords and tell you when it’s time to change them. What’s more, if you hate doing the work, LastPass can also change your passwords for you. Automatically.
It’s got the cloud around it.
The cloud is the safest place to keep sensitive information. And LastPass stores your passwords in the cloud where it’s accessible anytime from any device you’re on. And even a fingerprint scanner for that extra protection.
It all sounds good, you might think, but how much should you pay? LastPass is free to download and use.
- Unlimited passwords and notes storage
- Automatic backup
- Automatic filling of login details and forms
- Security Challenge to audit passwords
- Multifactor authentication and OTPs
- Unlimited sync across all mobile and desktop devices
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Windows Store