Sharing photographs with friends is a popular addiction among people. We often upload pictures on the web like Facebook, Picasa etc. But often, photos taken from a digital camera are of large size and may take too much time to upload.
Caesium, a software by Matteo Paonessa, compresses pictures “upto” 90% by size without losing any quality of the picture. Thus, you can quickly upload pictures and/or save storage space.
- Compression of size upto 90% without a considerable quality loss
- Batch processing.
- File formats supported: PNG, JPG and BMP.
- Quick preview of both original & compressed pictures for comparison.
Download: Caesium ( 7.71 MB )
Let’s Test it out
For testing, I used 2 images and here are the results (click on ’em to view original size):
It works great. I could hardly notice the changes with my eye. One of its features that I liked is that it instantly previews the compression results, helping you to decide how much optimization you’ll actually need.
Tips for Maximum Compression and Minimum loss of quality
- Choose JPG as the output format.
- Go to Preferences >> Compression >> Uncheck both “Keep EXIF information…..” and “Keep the original Date Information”