These days Cloud Services are becoming an important part of our life. You can have a look at my post on some best free Cloud Storage Options.
With increasing number of players in the industry and the variations in the list of features they provide; we tend to shift from one provider to another. Say a new provider introduces a feature which is far more appealing and the first provider lacks it, so we make a shift to the new provider. Now it so happens that a third provider trying to make a make brings in all the goodies of both the previous providers along with few more additions, you again make a shift.
Most of the times, you feel it boring to transfer your old files from provider to provider. So you now have your data with 3 providers and you need to remember, “what is with whom” and most importantly, the login credentials. Which is pretty confusing and cumbersome too! The solution to this problem lies in having an app which can help you manage all such cloud services from one place. My search for such a service lead me to these 4 (yes! again more than one) options.
Services Supported:- Box.net, Dropbox, Facebook, Gmail, Google Docs, Picasa, Hotmail, Photobucket, Shutterfly, Smugmug, Snapfish, SugarSync, Flickr, Yahoo Mail, Zoho and few others.
- Access and manage your personal cloud files all in a single interface
- Works with up to 26 web services.
- Unified inboxes for various emails.
- Drag and drop documents from one service to another.
- Back up your online content.
- Access via mobile devices.
- Back up your cloud files on Amazon’s S3 cloud storage
- 256-bit encryption security
Services Supported:- Dropbox, Box, Google Docs, MobileMe, SugarSync, Picasa, FTP, and few more
- Access to all your documents and files online from a single app.
- Move your files from one cloud service to another without even downloading them to your PC.
- Access to all your files from your mobile device.
- You can use it directly with your internet browser / desktop with Window’s File Explorer / Apple’s Finder by mounting Otixo as a network drive.
Services supported:- Mezeo, Amazon S3, FTP, WebDav, AT&T Synaptic Storage, Internap XIPCloud Storage, Google Docs, Google Storage, EMC, Atmos Online, Box.net, KT ucloud storage, Open Stack Nirvanix, Peer1 CloudOne, Rackspace CloudFiles, Windows Azure, Windows Live, SkyDrive, CIFS/SMB, Caringo CAStor .
- Access and manage your personal cloud files all in a single interface.
- Allows you to update and modify files easily.
- Allows remote access.
- Supports on demand sharing of files with friends.
- Windows Only Client.
Services Supported:- Google Docs, Dropbox & Box.net
- Access and manage Google Docs, Dropbox, Box.net
- Supports one click backup.
- Drag & drop files to move them or back up.
- Allows you to edit files with local application.
Primadesk is a clear winner here, simply because it supports more services and is a lot easier to use. Also none of the other competitors support emails and social networking sites.
Wonder when all these apps will add support for Google+. As always, your views are welcome!