After switching to CyanogenMod 7 from MIUI on my Galaxy S2, the smart dialer and an awesome file manager were what I was missing in CM the most. The dialer in CyanogenMod 7 and many other ROMs/UIs do not have a T9 predictive mode i.e., you cannot quickly dial a contact by dialling his name (see screenshot on left for to get an idea).
exDialer is a smart dialer application with features and design very similar to MIUI’s dialer. It has a neat white dial pad with call log integrated inside. Contacts can be quickly dialled just by typing their names in the t9 dial pad or a part of their numbers.
- Neat, Smooth and light weight app
- Groups and Favourite contacts can also be managed from exContacts
- T9 predictive mode for dialer.
- Quick filter of contacts with alphabet scroll (first name sorting only)
- Displays recent calls of a contact inside exContacts.
- Supports Latin/Chinese/Russian/Hangul/Greek language as well apart from English.
Play Store: exDialer
Thanks to its smart dial mode, it is now now my default dialer app, replacing the stock one in CM7 which I highly disliked. Though, there are 2 things which I wish the dev adds soon to the app:
- Dark Theme
- Support for last name sorting (currently in development).