Foursquare has become immensely popular these days and the joy of ousting people as the Mayor cannot be described in words. But it’s not always possible to remember checking-in in a venue where we frequently travel, the reasons being several (for me, it’s my forgetful nature) .
But what if you could check-in automatically whenever you visit that restaurant/hotel/cafe every time you visit it?
FsIntents, an application for Android, can do this for you by using WiFi as a standalone app, Tasker, Locale as a plugin.
|Lite||Full Version (~$0.65)|
The lite version restricts to only 2 check-ins per day. Also, make sure you’ve the Foursquare app before using FsIntents.
- Automatically check-in at venues whenever you’re connected to WiFi network at that venue or by using it with Tasker or Locale.
- Home-screen shortcuts can be made for instant check-ins. Long-press on the home-screen and choose Shortcuts > FsIntents shortcuts.
- Creating a FsIntents live folder on your home screen, and easily access your most visited venues
Instructions for Auto Check-ins
FsIntents can now check-in with the help of your existing wifi networks! Open FsIntents and assign a Foursquare venue to a Wifi network and you will be checked in whenever you connect to that network.
Using it with Tasker
Tasker is an application which automates tasks on Android with certain contexts (i.e., conditions). When FsIntents is combined with Tasker, it opens even more possibilities of automated check-ins. For example, you could set up a profile to check-in whenever you’re in a certain place without using WiFi. Here are the steps:
- Create a new profile in Tasker. Name it anything you wish.
- Context: Cell Near.
- Tap on scan and roam around that venue where you’ll be checked-in. It’ll save some cell info. Hit done.
- Task: Plugin > FsIntents.
- Edit Configurations and choose the venue.
We’ve already showed you the end-less possibilities of automating Android using Tasker profiles, from switching on silent mode when there’s a meeting in your calendar or opening the music player when a headset is plugged.
Using with Locale
Locale is a similar app to Tasker, just with less options and is cheaper. Use the FsIntents plugin with Locale to check-in at venues. Get locale here.