The word ‘Cloud’ has been synonymous with Android since its birth, integrated to its core. In recent times, with the launch of free cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Docs, Picasa and more, it has become quite difficult to manage files stored on the cloud from a mobile.
Enter SanDisk Memory Zone application, a combination of a File manager + Cloud storage manager + Data protector + Backup utility. I discovered this app while searching for a file manager for my not-so-geeky friend who owns a HTC ChaCha (aka Status). Sure, there are some advanced file managers out there like Total Commander, File expert etc., but he wanted an intuitive interface rather than one for nerds.
- It is perfect for phones which do not come with a file manager out of the box, like phones from HTC, Motorola etc which don’t provide one. (Thanks a lot Samsung for providing such a handy file manager)
- You can instantly access files from Dropbox, Picasa, Facebook and much more.
- It can filter files by types, like Music, Photos, Videos, Documents and Apps for easier access.
- Files can be transferred to any other cloud storage by using its move functionality.
- Files can be automatically be backed up to the cloud from the phone memory / SD card. Apart from normal files, contacts can also be backed up. But anyways, Google already does this.
Backups can be scheduled on daily, weekly basis etc.
- Files & folders can be password protected!