Adobe Photoshop has been the mother of all image editing suite ever to be made. Ask any professional graphics designer or any beginner in that same field and the only name that you’re gonna hear is – Photoshop.
Adobe, the company behind the magic software, has just released Photoshop CS6 for beta testing. It sports a shiny new dark user interface, a full design overhaul from its grey-ish CS5 interface along with lots of new features which you can find below. We’ll rant about them in a day or two with our detailed review.
Wait, that’s not all folks. Photoshop CS6 is completely free till it’s in beta period! I’m completely sure this is gonna save a lot of time (and bandwidth too) for several thousand torrent seeders out there 😉 But once it comes out of its beta stage and is released officially, you’ll have to either pay for it or stop using it.
The new release promises a lot of impressive new features which were being promoted aggressively by Adobe for quite a while. Many are welcoming the new release as usual, while some existing disgruntled users complaining about the lack of “killer features” and costly upgrade cycle.
Download: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta
Installation and Minimum required PC Specs
The PC Specifications have barely changed for this release. Notable is upping the ante for the graphics card though. The most annoying thing noticed in the installation is making Adobe ID sign in necessary to use the Beta. The minimum required PC specs are:
- Intel Pentium 4 2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 processor
- 1 GB of RAM , but we recommend atleast 3 GB or more if you want to work comfortably.
- 1 GB Disk space : again larger space is very needed while working on large size PSD’s.
- Graphics Card supporting OpenGL 2.0 with 512 MB vRAM
- Windows XP SP3 and above
Adobe seems to be working hard to bring some really exciting features on to the table. While some wonder if all the features present in the beta would make it to the final release, we would not be surprised if none of the features are dropped. Photoshop CS6 beta consists of more than 60 new features. We list some of the most exciting features in Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Photoshop UI has been thoroughly overhauled and the entire UI feels a lot darker and modern. The new UI also features Layers Search. (finally)
- CS6 consists of cool new gallery for Blur and Lighting are, which are extremely useful when focusing on the subject.
- This release of Photoshop brings a handful of new GPU accelerated effects like Warp Transform, Puppet Warp Preview, Liquify and Oil Paint.
- New Painting Presets, Brush Rotation for Static Tips, Intelligent Auto-Correction and Face-Aware Mask Generation. Not to mention much needed background save, auto-save and auto recover.
- The often used Crop tool is completely redesigned in Photoshop CS6 to be more non destructive. Also prominently featuring is the overall improvements to the Content Aware technologies which debuted in CS5.
- Photoshop also comes with Improved Panorama support , completely redesigned Print dialogue. Video is now no longer limited to the Extended version and is included in the standard version as well.
Stay tuned to TechSplurge while we bring you our in depth Photoshop CS6 Review very soon.