PDF is the most popular document format across all the platforms. With multitude of PDF editing applications and with the lack of cheap good quality PDF editors, it can be a pain to edit your favourite PDF file. While Microsoft Word and Open/Libre Office Writer do allow creating PDF’s, editing a existing PDF file is a different story altogether. You could either convert pdf to word and edit it or download free pdf editor which is easy to use.
We came across one such software which precisely meets this criteria. (Free for a limited time though!) Wondershare PDF editor alleviates this issues with its clean looking interface and powerful feature set.
More about Wondershare Beta (Download Free PDF editor)
Wondershare PDF Editor is a very popular PDF editor on the Mac OSX platform. Currently the Windows version of PDF Editor is in the beta stage with 100 days of free testing. Wondershare is giving a huge 50% discount if you upgrade the app from the current beta to the stable state when it releases later this year. Something which I found pretty interesting is that the firm is offering a chance to win the app for free if you provide feedback on 3 any elements of the program. Wondershare PDF Editor is available for Windows XP , Vista and 7.
The Impressive Feature list
Wondershare PDF Editor offers some really powerful features.
- Clean and Simple UI : The Ribbon based user interface makes it very easy to wade through the various nifty features of the program. The Ribbon Interface is really well polished and easy to navigate. You will easily feel at home with PDF Editor if you have used Microsoft Word 2007 / 2010. You can begin editing your PDF files in a jiffy with the clean UI.
- Impressive Editing Capabilities: PDF Editor allows editing text as well as object , image and table re-size, move, copy and delete. You can also insert images, links and watermarks on the fly. The nice thing about the text editing is you can just continue editing in the exact same style as of that of the PDF, provided the required fonts are installed.
- Merge , Split and Modify pages: PDF Editor allows easy modification of pages. You can extract, crop or delete pages in couple of clicks. You can also quickly merge multiple documents or split the document into multiple PDF’s.
- PDF to Word Conversion: If you are less satisfied with the editing in PDF Editor or just want more editing power, you can convert the PDF file directly into Microsoft Word 2010, 2007, 2003 .docx , .doc or even Rich Text Format in just 2 clicks.
Other neat Features include:
- Advanced annotation with sticky notes, pencil tool , history tracking and more.
- Broad Multilingual Support with detection for PDF’s in 17 languages.
- The must have Bookmark feature for any good PDF viewer.
How did it perform? Almost perfect..
Wondershare performed fairly well during the review, with most of the advertised features working right off the bat. I found the conversion to Word feature particularly impressive with its speed and compatibility. PDF editor never felt slow at any point of time during the usage.
However I found the object moving and resizing to be slightly sluggish. Also many PDF’s were having some issues with editing the text whose fonts’ were not installed. Nevertheless these were very trivial issues which I hope will be fixed in the final release.
Wondershare PDF Editor Beta looks really promising with its powerful and well implemented features like flawless PDF to Word conversion, jiffy text and object editing, PDF split and merge, and a crisp user interface to top it all. The app actually felt feature complete and very stable even in the early beta period which speaks volumes about the quality of the app.
While the app will be most likely priced at 49.95$ (which is the price of the Mac counterpart) when released, it is currently absolutely free under the beta testing. Make sure you download free pdf editor during this beta testing period.