The most anticipated gadget of 2012 – Samsung Galaxy S III – has just been launched. After teasing us for more than two months with leaked images, specifications and teaser videos, Samsung has finally unveiled their next Galaxy phone at their ‘Unpacked’ event in London.
Undoubtedly, the Samsung Galaxy S III had reached a level of hype which no other Android phone has been ever able to. Most of the specifications of Galaxy S III is similar to what we’ve been hearing from rumors since long except the Camera, which is still at 8 MP. But hey, don’t go on the specs, the camera has actually been improved in Galaxy S III. Here are the detailed specifications:
Check out our simple guide on how to root samsung galaxy s3
|Processor||1.4GHz Exynos 4, Quad Core|
|Display||4.7 inch Super AMOLED HD, with Gorilla Glass 2.Resolution: 1080×720 pixels i.e., 720p.|
|Camera||8MP rear and 1.9 MP front.|
|Storage||16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB.|
+ 64GB microSD support
|Operating System||Android 4.0 ICS|
GPS with GLONASS reception
The phone shares its design with the Galaxy Nexus and both look very similar with both having curved edges and curved screens.
Putting the design aside, the first commercial of the phone is already out and says a lot about the new features in the Galaxy S III:
What, Boring Specifications? UnImpressed?
I can already see so many people complaining about the phone. But I’m sure Galaxy S III will prove them wrong. This time, Samsung has focused more on features than just bumping up the hardware, which is a welcome change. The Galaxy S III packs in few features which have never been seen in any other phones. Here’s the complete list:
- Wireless Charging – Yes! The rumors about this feature turn out to be true. The Galaxy S III will be able to charge without wires!
- Detection of your eyes – It can recognize your eye movements
- Direct Call – Hold the phone near your ears when you’re reading an SMS and Galax S3 will dial that person.
- Better Camera App with advanced features for sharing photos with friends, termed as ‘Buddy Shot’, Best Photo Mode and Burst Mode.
- S Voice – Voice commands application, more advanced than the default Google voice commands app.
- Tap to Top – One of the very important features that the Android Browser was missing was a quick way to reach back to the top of a page. The TouchWiz browser will feature a button to quickly reach the top.
- Face Recognition – It’ll recognize people in your photos and pop up options to message, call or email them directly.
- S Beam – File sharing feature that uses NFC (Wikipedia link).
- Miscellaneous other features – Music Hub with over 17million songs, S Health – a personal wellness app, AllShare play for streaming videos on TVs etc.
- Flipboard – Hell yes! It is finally coming to android with the Galaxy S III being the exclusive at-first.
- MicroSIM only – The Galaxy S III is the latest phone to enter the list of phones which only support MicroSIM.
Free 50GB Space from Dropbox as well!
Looks like Samsung is competing with HTC to gift more free Dropbox space to its users. Partnering with Dropbox, the phone will give users with 50GB of free space, which is really huge!
The phone will come in two color variants – Pebble Blue and White Marble and will go on sale on 29th May in Europe and will be followed by Asia, USA and other countries. People, mark your calendar!